This is a great simple syrup to use to slightly flavor/sweeten your iced coffee or iced tea.
Part pure cane sugar and part water.
The picture above shows how cane sugar looks like when it is packaged and at the supermarket/farmer's market.
- Weigh the cane sugar, and place in a pan. For home use, I recommend using only one block of cane sugar at a time.
- Add as much water to the pan as there is cane. For example: 600 g cane + 600 g water.
- Start on medium heat and stir occasionally until the cane is dissolved.
- Cut the heat on high once the cane dissolves and let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cane syrup from the stove and allow to cool.
- Transfer to a container to store.
Keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.